Cell Phones, PDAs and SmartPhones
Cosmetic Tubes, Bottles, Jars, Etc.
E-Waste (electronic equipment that is obsolete, defective or at end of life)
- Goodwill -check with your local Goodwill to see if they’re a certified E-waste collector. Info for Southern California here. Info for Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties here.
- Tri Products Inc. (they’re at the Pasadena Flea Market held every 1st Sunday of each month)
- Melrose Trading Post (544 South Fairfax Ave, Los Angeles) -every 2nd Sunday of each month)
- RecycleEcology (California, Florida, Texas, Latin America)
- Check with your local Bureau of Sanitation
- Info for City of Los Angeles here
Household Hazardous Waste
iPods and iPhones
- We Change LA (Los Angeles local)
Packing Peanuts and Other Packing Supplies
Plastic Bottle Caps
Printer Inkjet or Toner
- Local holiday drives
- Local religious organizations
- Local domestic violence shelters
- Local hospitals
Trophies & Awards
- Give your local trophy shop a call and find out if they recycle these items. Some stores will melt down the metal, affix a new nameplate and a different bowler to the top of a trophy, and re-purpose old ribbons (fingernail polish remover takes off old text). They sometimes also donate refurbished medals, etc. to non-profit organizations for fundraising events. They sand off the old inscription and replace it with a new one.
*If you have suggestions for additions to this guide, send them to me at email@example.com